hero grad student is one who knows how to hang on one minute longer” – Novalis
This week on the Core Ideas podcast our journey Into the Weeds of paleolimnology continues with a look at what it means and what it’s like to be a (paleo) graduate student.
Through the discussion we explore questions like:
- What are the differences between BSc, MSc and PhD projects?
- Can you know in advance that you will enjoy research?
- Why would you do a BSc thesis rather than regular courses?
- Does it matter whether you join a large or small lab group?
- Where can you find mentors?
- Does it matter whether you stay put or switch between labs?
- We even touch on what it means to be a postdoc…